Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Goodbye my dear Sassy


Last night, I most sadly, had to put my dear friend, baby, pet, cat Sassy down. Over the last weeks she had lost much weight, stopped eating and drinking, and was hiding out. I took her to the vet and found she most likely had cancer. She was 12 yrears old. She has been with me since before marriage and kids, so she has been my baby. I found her when she was just days old and had to feed her with a bottle. I'm sure she considered me her momma. She would sleep with me at night, and hang out on my lap just purring and content. She sensed when I was sad and would comfort me. She gave me so much. I say this with tears on my face. She will be greatly missed. My daughter and husband bought me a little yellow rose plant. I will plant it in my garden in her memory. As I held her in the garden yesterday before taking her in, we saw a little yellow finch at the birdbath. I will always think of her when I look at my little yellow roses and when I see yellow finches. I never imagined the pain of losing a pet could be so hard, but she was family, and it is hard.

2 comments:

Martin R. Roa said...

Dang it, I have tears in my eyes after reading that, and I'm at work. She was such a sweet cat, like Domino in a lot of ways.

Mahood's said...

I am also in tears as I write this. Its amazing how they do become a part of your family and theres no replacing them. I think its a great idea to have the yellow roses as a reminder of the great pet she was. XOXOXOXO