Monday, October 02, 2006

La Jolla




Yesterday afternoon, we went to La Jolla Shores (for those out of the area that is La Hoy-yah) to scope out the scenery for some photos, and for the girls to play in the water and sand with daddy. It was about 4 pm, and cloudy, but the water wasn't too cold (for them anyway), but it made for some beautiful skies. Violet made a new friend who was vacationing from Texas. They made some sand hills, where you dribble the wet sand, and it looks like a giant turd! Dan took the girls in the water and played with them. We drove through the cliff area, where the caves are, and it was a lovely shopping and restaurant row. Will have to come back with Dan on a date night some time. We're still fairly new to S.D. so it's really nice to find new places to explore. I got to experiment with my new camera. I'm planning on starting a portrait business, and already have some folks that want Christmas beach pictures, so looking for some great spots. Torrey Pines has some beautiful scenery, but it's either from dangerous, unstable cliffs, or on a golf course, of which I don't have membership. Please share with me any spots YOU may know of in San Diego.

2 comments:

Waya said...

Beautiful pictures and I know you'll be very successful. We love SD. I think I might have mentioned before that we went to LegoLand in April and we absolutely fell in love with SD. We love Balboa Park a lot and the shores. I'm so jealous!!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Wow, I wish we had some of your climate. We are dressed in our sweaters and wool hats today. It is 53 degrees right now and certainly not beach weather. I loved your photos.