Friday, January 26, 2007

MSO-song




MamaSaysOm's theme this week is song.
My daugther Violet and I love to watch American Idol and have watched every season so far, much to my husband's dismay (he hates the show). Needless to say I have to watch it on my DVR. My favorite singers have been Tamyra Gray (from Season 1), Kelly Clarkson (Season 1 winner, but I didn't like her as much until she made an album and had so many other good songs), Fantasia (Season 3 winner), Jennifer Hudson (S. 3) and Violet really liked Jasmine Trias from Hawaii from S.3. Anwar Robinson (S.4) was really good, Bo Bice (S.4) was good & Mario Vasquez (S4) was a little cutie who withdrew from the competion. Chris Daughtery was amazing in S5 and has a great album. Katherine McPhee and Lisa Tucker (both S5) had great voices. I didn't care for Carrie Underwood or Taylor Hicks both winners from the show.
But something that really confuses me is all (many, many, which the show predominately shows early in the series) of the many really, really, bad singers there are out there that don't seem to know how bad they are. I think many of them probably just want their 15 minutes (seconds sometimes) of fame. But there are many others who appear to sincerely not understand why the judges don't like them. What is up with that???? I know that I don't have a good voice. I love to sing in my car, and sing in my home with my kids, but I never, EVER think that I could possibly be good enough to be anywhere near being the next American Idol!!! I won't even sing Karaoke! And how about those supportive family and friends of these really bad singers? What is wrong with those people? All I know is you're a real friend I really would appreciate some honesty before I go make a fool of myself in front of all America.
But, then again, I guess we wouldn't have such a fun show to watch, and I do enjoy watching it!

3 comments:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am absolutely OBSESSED with American Idol. Of course, you realize we can no longer be friends....since you don't like Taylor Hicks! :)

I agree on the family member thing. If Princess Mayhem ever really wants to try out for this show, I will be forced to share the awful truth with her. She sings about as well as her momma....that is NOT a compliment!

Shelley said...

Mandy, send me an email at shelleyq (at) yahoo.com, and I'll send you my phone # so you can check the message.

PS: I promise to tell you if I catch you singing off key!

Pendullum said...

odd??? I know I posted a comment...and POOF it disappeared...
I finished the MEME... I have to add your name to it as Claudia at Open Grove sent me the same blased one... You have to go to my profile and it is on the MEME site... Called Tagged...instead of my redular Dribblingwitt...