Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sing Hooo for the expedition.....

Sing ho, for the life of a bear.....
I love this kind of week, when we really don't seem to do a whole lot, but we really did do a whole lot. What we really did, is a have a lot of simple fun. We went to Unschool park day on Monday and got to meet two of my blogger buddies that happen to be unschoolers too. Amanda from Growgreengrapes and Elaine from Wannabehippie and Mamasaysom. It was so nice to meet them both. They are both exactly as I imagined them to be from corresponding to them on their blogs, nice & friendly, and their children are as adorable, if not more, than the pictures I've seen of them online.
Afterwards, we stopped by a thrift store, which happened to be very pricey, but had a lot of good quality items. They had some really nice kids' clothing, so we picked up a few things for Violet. Violet found an anime doll, and Olivia found some trucks. I also picked up a few books; Stephen King's Dreamcatcher (I used to read him all the time, and haven't read one in years, and just thought it would be fun to read one after so long, I love a good scare!), Anne Rice The Vampire Armand (surprisingly, have never read before), Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, John Grisham's The Summons, (again haven't read any of his in a long time), and this one, An Obvious Enchantment by Tucker Malarkey, which has a very interesting cover, and the summary inside sounded intriguing. A women in search of her professor, of which no one has heard from in months, who has gone to an island to unravel a legend about an ancient African king. Anway, sounded interesting to me.
We also went over my friend Renee's house for a few hours this week. The kids played, we picked up our tye-dye shirts from last week, and we went for a little walk in her neighborhood. It was a lovely, clear day out, and the kids brought biscuits for the neighbor's dogs. Renee's little black cat followed us for a short distance, until a neighborhood cat chased her up a tree. We got to see the neighbors' horses, goats, cows. The kids pretending to be explorers and picking up things along the way.
Today, we started on some ATCs for the very first time. We joined Imagination Tribe's Yahoo group. Violet and I made some Canine ATCs and I made some Valentine's ATCs to swap. It was really fun, something I hope to be able to do more often. Violet also made a Princess door hanger out of old magazines (from Fairy Princess things to make and do, by Usborne) and she made one for her friend Laurun, who is coming over this weekend.
Violet had her ballet class this week and I had my digital photography class with Palomar College. Olivia has gynnastics tonight. So, even though it doesn't seem busy, it all seems to add up. Oh yes, and we recieved our blog journal of our Flat Travelers trip to Indiana last summer. We had fun reading that and seeing the pictures. You can check that out here.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

We had fun meeting you too!

Waya said...

Wow, that's nice you got to meet Amanda. I read her blog often, but now that she is SD...I think she might be a bit busy to keep up with her blog. So if you see her again, pls tell her I said Hi. That sounds like a great day had by all.