Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy 4th Birthday, Olivia!

Olivia & MommyTwo birthdays in one week! At least they still don't mind us celebrating them together, as their bdays are 5 days apart! I know some day they will probably want their own "days". Olivia's theme was "Diego" (as in Dora the explorer's cousin, Diego) and Violet's was "High School Musical". We invited all of the their local friends over for games, crafts, and cake. We also had a little Diego pinata. It was the pull string kind, which is supposed to be a lot safer. But, alas, Diego would not open up and release the candy, so we let the kids take a swing at him with a bat! With a little help, we finally got the candy out! We also had some foam crafts in which the kids made mini megaphones (cheerleader type, along the High School musical theme) and some little animal critters; elephants, monkeys, and lions. The little ones played "Stick the Diego badge sticker on Diego" game. Our neighbors let us borrow their jumpy. The big girls sang Karaoke songs from "High School Musical"with the karaoke machine that our friends the Ranks let us borrow. There was lots of good food; deli meat and cheese, rolls, taquitos, honey bbq wings, chips, fruit, & veggies. It wasn't very sunny out, but at least it didn't rain. You just never know in April here, some years it does rain on their bdays. But, it was cool out, so the kids got to run around and play outside. They also got to enjoy the pinball machine and air hockey in the "barn". All in all, it was a great day with our friends and family.

8 comments:

DaikiniCrossroads ~Crystal~ said...

She cannot be 4! WOW...it goes way to fast. I think I would have been looking for you holding a little one at LIFE. Too crazy.

wayabetty said...

Happy happy belated b-day Olivia!! Glad to see that everyone had fun!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!!! We had a wonderful time at your party!!!!!

Oh, The Joys said...

Happy Birthday to Olivia!

Mandy said...

Thanks all! I know, I can't believe my "baby" is 4, also. They do grow so fast. I'm glad I get to treasure every day with them......

Shelley said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit earlier, and REMIND me to get you into my blogroll, sheesh!

Loving all the color and joy over here.

Tara said...

I found your blog recently- I was searching for some other folks who have embarked on unschooling. Your kids are adorable! Best birthday wishes to all! I can't wait to begin planning my son Owen's party- but it's not until November- guess I have plenty of time! :)

Pendullum said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your beautiful sweet Olivia...
And you are one hot mamma! What a fun shot!