Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Say cheese!!!!!

Smiling for the camera
Haven't been posting as frequently lately. Been taking lots of photos, and playing around with Photoshop and Flickr mostly. I have a lot of fun participating in the Flickr group pools.
Two in particular that I enjoy are Color My World Daily and FUTAB. Here's a few photos that I've taken for the different themes that they have. It really improves your photo taking skills in that you have to try to compose particular shots, or colors, or other themes that they may have. There are also many groups that help you with techniques. I've been quite addicted to it lately! The kids have joined in the fun and have taken some photos for A Little Perspective, which is photos by kids. Check them out if you haven't already. You can look for particular groups that might interest you ( I looked up cottages for mom and found some neat groups), or nature journaling, ATCs, artists groups, photoshop groups, portrait groups, starting photo businesses.....you name it, it's out there, or you can always start your own group. You can look up types of photos by tags. You can tag your pictures with descriptions and then look them up and see what else is out there. Explore is really fun to check out also. It has pictures in it based on interestingness. That's what I've been up to and of course the kids and I have been having fun going to parks, and hanging out with friends. Will hopefully have another post up soon!
AGGGGHHHHH! Help me!
Photo taken for Color My World, theme: orange toy
Red car - Photo by Livie
Photo taken by Olivia for a Little Perspective
FUTAB in a FUTAB
Photo I took for FUTAB (Feet up take a break). Oftentimes, Violet helps me out with ideas for the themes. And she now wants to join Flickr on her own and join in the challenges. Will post links once she has that going.
It's a lot of fun, and you meet some really nice people who comment on your photos and you comment on theirs. Check it out!

2 comments:

wayabetty said...

Sorry I haven't been around, it's been very hectic around here with all 7 kids (3 of my sister's). Now I know how families with 7 feel...overtired and overstretched!

Tyler was grinning ear to ear reading Violet's email. He'll reply soon!

Amanda said...

I love your shoes! My camera is broken, when I get a new one I will join you over at flickr!