Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Jena 6

My mom sent me this information this morning, so I went to the link and read about it on Snopes.com and then looked at some more news reports on it on the internet (just search Jena6) as well as on Youtube, and I really feel it is important to sign the petition and sharing the information with others, since it is not getting the national coverage that it deserves. Please read about it, if you have a moment, and sign and help out in any way that you can, if you feel as strongly as I do about racial equality........
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/jena6.asp
http://www.colorofchange.org/jena/
Here's a pretty fair representation of it on Youtube:

1 comment:

Frank said...

Sigh... Having been born and raised in New Orleans and having participated in Civil Rights actions with SNCC in the early to mid 60s, all I can say is, "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose." Maybe one day humanity will grow up. Until then, I guess we just hafta keep on fighting the good (but nonviolent!) fight.