Thursday, September 06, 2007

Picture This - Exposed

There's a great picture that I have of Olivia completely covered in talcum powder from head to toe that would be perfect for Picture This' theme this week which is "exposed" but is reserved for family in Flickr.......
So I looked through my stream and it made me think about how I try to expose my kids as much as possible to nature outdoors. To appreciate the beauty we see in nature. To learn about it and care about it. This morning as we laid in bed and looked out the window, we enjoyed the finches on the thistleseed sock, twittering and fighting over their place on the sock. Livie and I counted them and talked about what they were doing and what they must be thinking.

For more Exposure, go to Picture This!


Please, also, take a moment to read my prior post for Exposure about Jena 6, and the injustice that is taking place at a High School there. Thanks!

5 comments:

chaoticfamily said...

Very nice photo. You can tell she is taking it all in.

ktjrdn said...

ok, I was going to comment on the photo, but I was so totally blown away because you actually know and use the correct tense of lie!

yes, I'm a geek

Christina said...

Hehe...I bet powder baby is adorable. But this is a great take on "expose" too. there's so much beauty around us and it will serve your kids well to be taught to appreciate it at a young age!

I love your Tinkerbell avatar...I've a fairy fanatic. :o)

wayabetty said...

What a picturesque photo! I love it Mandy and thank you for Tyler's b-day greetings!

~ Melody ~ said...

A wonderful take on exposure. She looks so small, yet like a sponge soaking it in and expanding her mind.