I created an art journal for my Wrapped Emotions projects I started participating in last week. This week we were to create a book to put our projects in. This is what I came up with.
I found a scrapbook for a great price so figured that would work out fine. First, I painted the outside with an acrylic paint in purple, which is my favorite color. Then I stamped it with a French script stamp with gold ink, but it came out kind of light so I just smeared some of the gold ink directly from the pad to the cover. I then stamped the title Mandy's Unwrapped Emotions (now, I'm not sure if I should have put "Wrapped", but really, it's the feelings that we are "unwrapping" that we are documenting so I guess that's okay). I wasn't sure what else to do to it, but knew it needed something. I ended up putting some flower diecuts on it with some petal eyelets, some purple sticky netting, and some tile embellishments. I get a lot of my embellishments at Big Lots, which has great deals on them, which is also where I got the scrapbook for $5. I inked the edges with an eggplant ink. I'm not completely happy with it, but not sure if it needs more, or if it's because I just really didn't have any clear idea of what I wanted so I just went with the flow and followed them as they came up. But, I like the idea of having all of the projects in the same spot so that you can reflect back on them. My daughter Violet wants to do one now to, so it'll be fun doing it together. While I was finishing it up this afternoon, they both hung out and worked on atcs and making cards, but mostly (Olivia) just cutting paper and taping it back together ; ) (and trying to cut yarn with whole punches.......)
To see my first entry, you can go to this post with was very interesting and challenging for me.