Tuesday, October 30, 2007

10 years!!!!

Dan & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary, and my birthday in Cabo San Lucas last week. While there, we missed the fires that occurred in San Diego. Our daughters were home with my mom and were safely evacuated. We are all home now, and so very thankful to my mom for getting them out safely! Although, we were quite worried the first day or two when we heard about it (we were on the cell phones numerous times), we were finally able to relax and enjoy our time together. I took soooo many photos (of course!!!) and have posted a set on Flickr. I'll post a few favorites on my blog too, soon. Here is Dan & I the 1st or 2nd day (notice-no tans yet!) that I took with my camera on timer. I forgot my tripod and had to use whatever was available for photos of the both of us, so you don't get too many of those. But, I had a lot of fun taking pictures of the beautiful scenery while there. It was clear, blue and warm. A huge contrast to the smoky, skies we saw as we came home on the plane. We even saw flames still burning in the hills from the plane. Weirdest thing though, as we drove into Ramona on Saturday from the airport, there was a rainbow over Ramona. And, I remembered that as we left the hotel in Cabo, Iz's Over the Rainbow was playing (and stayed in my head for a long time after), and I knew in my heart, everything was gonna be okay........
As I pulled into my mom's driveway to see the girls, Violet came running out "Mamma!!!" and gave me a huge hug and wouldn't let go. Olivia was hiding in the house and when I saw her she came running and gave me a huge hug and had the biggest smile on her face. I didn't want to let either of them go.......I missed them so much and called them 2x and 3x a day.......we're in for a huge cell phone bill! I'm so happy to be home.

10 years ago....
Dan & Mandy

7 comments:

chaoticfamily said...

I am so glad you and your family are safe.

We had some very devastating fires a few years back and I was so thankful to be out of town when it all happened. We did have family that were evacuated and we were all on high alert. I have been thinking of all of you in California and etc... that are affected by these fires.

Congratulations on your 10 years - that is excellent. Although we have only been married for 6 we celebrated 11 years of being together this year and can't believe how time flies. How lucky for you and your sweetie to be able to go away just the two of you.

Mandaroo said...

cf: Thank you for your kind words and for thinking of us. Yes, it was a mixed blessing to be out of town. You feel helpless, and yet we wouldn't have been able to get into town anyway to do anything....I'm just really glad my kids were in such great hands.

wayabetty said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and that everything was fine! Happy happy belated anniversary! You two looked great together and the pix are absolutely beautiful!!

Mahood's said...

So glad to hear everything is ok and congrats on your 10 year!!! :)

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

happy anniversary! glad you got a nice trip away and that your family was all safe back home.

Dawn said...

Yay, 10 years, what a great blessing (and accomplishment!) here's to 10 more and 10 more beyond that, and well, you get the idea. :) your trip sounds like it was amazing!

i'll try to check out your flickr pics later on... and thanks for your comment today!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you all are ok! aren't cell phones great!
WHat a great trip!