Monday, October 29, 2007

San Diego fires-family update

Just wanted to let all of our friends and family know that we are fine! I wish I could of posted sooner, but Dan & I were in Cabo San Lucas for our 10 year anniversary when this all happened, and the girls were here at our home with Nana. They were evacuated from Ramona and spent the rest of the week at her home about an hour from here. Our home, our pets are all safe. We came home Saturday, and spent the night in Murrieta, but are now home cleaning up the mess. We still do not have drinkable water, but water was given out at several local places. Thank you so much to all those that called and sorry I have not been able to get back to them all. We couldn't pick up our messages on our cell phones while in Mexico. Thank you to all for the offers of support and help. It's good to know that we have so many friends and family that care about us. We will let you know how you can help those less fortunate, if you are interested, both in our town and locally.

Thanks again!

Dan, Mandy, Violet & Olivia

7 comments:

Brittany said...

oh my goodness! I didn't know you even lived there. I am SO glad you are all ok!

Sara said...

I'm very glad you are all fine! I didn't know you lived there but the lack of updating did have me worried!

Blueberry and the Bean said...

glad to hear you are all safe! fire is such a scary thing!!

Christina said...

Wow! I'm so glad you are all okay. I hadn't even realized you live there. Whew!

Golightly said...

Yeah! Mandy!
That's the best news I've heard all week!! I was very concerned about you and the family. It's nice to hear that you were actually enjoying an anniversary vacation in the midst of this craziness. I'm glad the girls and pets were in good hands. Welcome back!

Jenny said...

So glad you all are OK. Must have been scary for a while there.

~ Melody ~ said...

I'm happy to hear your family and home are safe. Take care.

I hope your trip was AMAZING.