Monday, November 05, 2007

Enjoy your family - WE



(Olivia took this photo of Violet & I)


Wrapped Emotions prompt this last week, was Enjoy your family. Being that we are unschoolers and I am with my girls pretty much all the time, I am very fortunate that I get to enjoy my family quite often! But, even more so when Dan is home too. He started a new job 2 months ago and is working longer hours. It's a real bummer and the kids miss him being at home at 430 in the afternoons. Recently, Olivia wanted to know the days of the week, in order. She'll say some of the days and try to put them in order out loud, so I've been helping her try to memorize them, because that's what she wants (natural learning occurring!). I wasn't sure about her motive for learning it, or whether there even was one, until she asked "what day is daddy home?" Aha, she wants to know so that she can know what days she can expect daddy to be home. Cool. So, with daddy home this weekend, she, they both, got to spend lots of time with both of us and I got to enjoy my family, that much more! We had been spending more time in doors, due to the air quality from the fires, and this weekend it was finally very clear and beautiful outside. So they got to spend some time on the trampoline, riding trikes and bikes, and playing "Tarzan & Jane" (Olivia's favorite pretend game-you guessed it, she's Tarzan, I'm Jane!)


Dog Pile on the trampoline with dad







We even had family time with the cats. We had fun watching them wrestle around!


(Photo courtesy of Olivia)


For more entries, go to Wrapped emotions or go to the link below


Wrapped Emotions button

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I do imagine that family time is more precious to you now. Those are great pictures by your daughter, too. A budding photographer!

~ Melody ~ said...

Great photography, Olivia!

I loved reading the story about Olivia learning the days of the week...learning with a purpose for sure.

Great memories come from the simple hanging out moments.

~ Melody ~ said...

Oh, and I so knew Olivia would be Tarzan. :)

Killlashandra said...

Great picture of pouncing on Dad ont he trampoline! Something my kids do on the couch but has a similar look. :)

baby~amore' said...

L@@ks and sounds like everyone had a lovely time together. So cute wanting to know the days till Daddy gets to stay home.Hope all the days that follow bring more happy memories

The Egel Nest said...

Wonderful photos...I am enjoying your blog :)


Bradley
The Egel Nest

Jessie said...

Olivia has a gift like her mama :) Our Violet is a Great Grandmother - great minds! Love the idea behind wrapped emotions - may try it this weekend (may be too scared). Take care!