Monday, November 12, 2007

SNAP!CRACKLE!POP!!!!!

I have so many cool things to blog about and was planning on sitting down and writing it all Sunday evening when we got back from camping, and well...........I just couldn't! Literally. We had a great Thursday evening, and yes, I promised to provide details, and will do so soon. We also had a wonderful weekend, camping at Silver Strand State Beach (also many great photos). Then, Sunday afternoon, shortly after coming home from camping, I was unpacking the trailer and well.....fell! I fell from the trailer steps, heard a loud "CRACK!" , landed on my side, in the field, next to our house! You got it, broke my ankle, and in two places! I've finally felt up to writing about it (after serious pain meds!!!!) Both the tibia and fibula are cracked, down at the ankle. I just have to say, it was the worst pain in my life, I kid you not. Dan was out back with the kids, who were on the trampoline and at the moment it happened were having a little spat, so they didn't hear me screaming out loud right away . I yelled for Dan for a few minutes and he finally heard me and came running. I couldn't move for the pain was so bad I felt like I was going to throw up. Anyway, he packed up me and the kids and I ended up in Urgent care. They took xrays and wrapped it in a splint. I was referred to an orthopedist today, and it turns out I will need surgery. It will require a metal plate inside my right ankle. So, I'll be out of commission for a few weeks. Won't be able to drive myself anywhere. And not supposed to put any pressure at all on it. I'll be getting the surgery on Wednesday, so please send some healing, well wishes my way....thanks :) The stitches should be removed after 12 days, then I'll know whether it will require a "boot" or a caste. UGGGGH!

9 comments:

Maya said...

OH NO!!! That just stinks!

Brittany said...

OMG!!!!!! Feel better!!!!! :(

Mahood's said...

I can't believe it.... We'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

carrie said...

Oh, Mandy! That suuucks! I wish you a very speedy healing!

Amanda said...

Oh NO! I'm thinking of you and sending you healing prayers! WOW you never know what can happen, the steps of the trailer?!?!?!?

wayabetty said...

Ouch! I'm wincing in pain for you! Well I supposed it's good to be waited on for once, enjoy it Mandy!! And no pink cast?

EA said...

Oh my gosh Mandy! I'll be thinking of you!!

Beverly said...

My best wishes are with you. I hope you seriously take it easy!

~ Melody ~ said...

Mandy! Bless you. I'm late to this and saw your WE post about be immobile and came to find out why.

Prayers and wishes for speeding healing and diminishing pain. And a {{{HUG}}}