Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wrapped Emotions - Today I Love.....

This week's prompt at Wrapped Emotions starts with "What do you love today?"

Wrapped Emotions button



Here are the specifics:


For this week's prompt you will need to set aside a small block of uninterrupted time. *gasp* You can do it. You need to do it. Allow whatever amount of time you think it will take to complete the project. Get any art supplies ready ahead of time. Open your art journal to a clean page, date it and begin listing the things you love today...or whatever day you do the project.No typing on the computer and printing words. It should be done in your handwriting. Make it neat, make it sloppy, make it uniquely yours. Doodle the words, fine line print, bold line print, scribble. Write horizontally, diagonally, backwards, upside down. Give the page some color and pop...paint the page first...collage the page first...color the page with marker. Do not be limited by these suggestions. But WRITE the lists...no typing and printing. What is important is that you know what you love today.One more twist...in a creative way include a wrapper from one of the things you love today (or the day you do this). Remember, if a week's project is not completed on an actual journal page, take the time to lovingly place each one into your art journal.




Being that I'm not very mobile right now, I just decided to write it on some cardstock with some regular markers. I would have loved to paint and embellish and play with it some more, but most of my art supplies are out back in the barn, and I wasn't up to trekking out there on crutches! Anway, it was still fun, and was actually a really good thing that I was able to just sit and really stay in the moment and love and appreciate the things that were right there in front of me. My girls playing nicely together, a nice quiet view through the front window, relaxing in my favorite room of the house with some of my favorite things, with my leg propped up. So here it is. Violet also decided to participate, so I'll link hers here as well as on the Wrapped Emotions page.


***oops, I forgot to add my wrapper. But my favorite wrapper would have to be my Yardley's English Lavendar talc, but since it's on a tin, I couldn't put it on anyway.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Enjoying what is right in front of us, being in the moment is what it's all about! (very cute to add in your shower too!)

Jenny is Live & In Color said...

Your list comes across as very poetic to me. I also love how you wrote in different directions. The ripped paper highlighting your love for the sound of ripping paper is very cute.

EA said...

Yum! To take that moment, be in it, and document it. Yes!

~ Melody ~ said...

Being stuck in one spot can give you a fantastic perspective of what you love. BTW, love the purple and your page of "loves".

I was about to photograph and post mine...your post made me realize I did not include my wrapper. oops!

Kimberly said...

Hey mandy! I have one of these now. so now we can talk!

Casey said...

I love your list. So many things that most people don't even think about. Its great.

Killlashandra said...

Great list. Oddly enough I like the torn edge. Just before I went to scan my list I thought about tearing a corner and then taping it back together with duct tape. Probably should have...hmmm...

Nice job. I like the pink card stock and the way each of your smaller lists has it's own framing. : )

Mimi aka pz5wjj said...

Love this! Being in the moment really struck me! Maybe it's something I need to work on!

Thanks for sharing!

Chelle said...

Wonderful! Although Lavender makes me sneeze ACHOOOOO!

Bonnie said...

This is great !! Well done !!