Monday, December 31, 2007

Baby steps.....

Just had to document it....I'm walking. It's been about 6 weeks since I broke my ankle. Just baby steps, but it's something! I tried for the 1st time two days ago (29th), after some encouraging words from a neighbor who is a massage therapist. She gave me some good advice, (after receiving not much from my doctor who pretty much just said "try to start walking" after my last visit). I was kind of fearful, because everytime I would put my weight on it I would feel this tingling, kind of like when your foot falls asleep, and I just was very unsure about putting my full weight on it. Well, I held on to hubby's hands and walked across the living room. Then, down the hall and back. Now, I'm up and gradually walking more and more. My ankle gets tired after a bit and still swells up after too long on it, but it's a start. Baby steps.....I'm really excited and motivated to keep going. You really take your health for granted when you have it. I will really appreciate walking so much more now.

Sharing with Wrapped Emotions, as it is indeed a gift to be able to walk again! The Theme this week is "Gift of every moment".

Wrapped Emotions button

9 comments:

Maya said...

Good for you!!! Keep up the work. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Phyllis Sommer said...

keep it up! hang in there. happy new year!

DanaB said...

Yaay for being truly on the mend! Hang in there :)

~~

childlife said...

Glad things are looking up and great to see you at WE! Hope you continue to heal quickly.

~ Melody ~ said...

Yay you! We take so much for granted, don't we? My prayers are with you as you rehab and regain strength.

Kim said...

Glad to hear you are starting to get around. Hoping for a quick recovery for ya.

Kim @ TheBitterBall

Sheila said...

Congratulations! Baby steps are definitely the way to go. Keep up the good work!

Beverly said...

I'm glad to hear you're walking. It must be scary that you'll break something. My knee was messed up for awhile last year, and it was very emotional for me. I felt panicky, like I wouldn't be the same kind of mom anymore, etc. I'm fine now, and hope you will be too, very soon.

EA said...

Yeah!!! :o)