Friday, December 28, 2007

Flaunt it Friday-Best of 2007

For this week's Flaunt it Friday, we are looking back at 2007 and remembering what we wouldn't change for the world!!!

Spent our 10th anniversary in Cabo San Lucas and had an extremely wonderful time. I think we really needed this to reconnect, get romantic, and remember why we fell in love 11 years ago.

Came home to a safe, intact, home and to our 2 beautiful daughters, who seem to have grown a foot in a week's time! And thankful to my mom for evacuating them and our pets to safety and keeping a cool head, we can never thank her enough!!!

A new job for Dan, which enables me to continue to stay home with the girls and enjoy them eveyday as we live and learn and create.

Our first Unschooling Conference in Corvallis, OR in April, the Life is Good conference that Mary Gold at ZenMomma's Garden organized. A life changing experience that clarified and helped me to realize that unschooling was definately the path we wanted to commit to. We will definately be making the next one in May 2008.

Making new friends......we've made many new friends this year. And, some folks I feel that I've gotten closer to. I really miss my old friends from the Temecula Valley area, but it's also nice to become closer to those I have met in this area over the last two years that we've been here. It used to be so hard for me to make friends. I think that by blogging, it has actually made me friendlier and more open to new possibilities in the "real" world. I don't know if that makes sense to bloggers out there, let me know what you think about that....

Finding some really neat blogs that inspire, allowed me to meet new people, go to new places, see new things, hear different perspectives, make me laugh, make me cry, connecting with people, reconnecting with family.

Also, meeting and making friends through Flickr, and helping me to grow with my photography.

Looking through my posts from this year I just really got to reflect on all the fun things that we've done together. It makes me appreciate my health and anxious to get back on my feet again! I'm looking forward to 2008 and all that it brings and hope the best for my friends and family. Looking forward to the new babies on their way too!

Check out Flaunt it Fridays, and feel free to join in the fun!

btw, Violet had a Best of too, go here to see it, it was pretty exciting!!!!
Violet's Best of.

6 comments:

Candi said...

That was fun!! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Cabo...and so glad your house was spared!!

Me said...

I love reading about everyone's year and what the accomplished. It sounds as though you had a wonderful 2007! :)

Trace

themommykelly said...

What a wonderful and meaningful year 2007!

I love your photography! More please!

Thanks so much for sharing and for participating in Flaunt It Fridays. Hope to see you again next week.

Oh, The Joys said...

What a great idea - a look back at the year.

I fear I can't write a decent post until my children go BACK TO SCHOOL.

(Is it time yet?)

Nesting Momma said...

It has been fun getting to know you this year! Hope to see you at wrapped emotion, best shot and so on....have a great New year!

Thanks for visiting me at Blessed Nest too!

~ Melody ~ said...

Flaunt It Friday sounds fun. Thanks for the inspiration you give me each time I visit and for being a fabulous bloggy friend.