Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Havent' been in the mood......

I don't know why, but I just haven't been in the mood lately to blog. Maybe just burned out. I just posted an entry I had sitting in my drafts for Unschooling Voices. I had written it, and went in and edited it several times. I wasn't even sure I would post, and actually almost deleted it all together. Not sure why the hesitancy. But, I like participating and love reading the other entries. I learn so much from them. I hope our experiences help others and at least allow them to think about their own. I do like documenting the things that we do and things I notice my girls learning and just plain fun that we have, usually. I guess it's partly because of my ankle and being stuck at home mostly. It just kind of puts me in a bummer type of mood. I try not to let it.....but it does. Fortunately, I got a wheelchair delivered last Friday. It's really helped me get around the house easier, and I've actually been able to get out and about more now. We went to the town's Christmas tree lighting on Friday night, then out for some yummy Italian food at our local favorite restaurant. Sunday, we went to the movies and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. I really didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. So many funny references. I had to laugh when I heard one of the chipmunks do the "bow, chicka, bow, bow" at one point, when the man they lived with had a date and was trying to impress her. I think the first time I heard that reference was on Oh the Joys. Fun movie, I recommend it. Monday, one of the girl scout moms picked us up and we went with the troop to get some toys for Toys for Tots. We dropped off the toys at a local credit union then enjoyed a great lunch at Daphne's Greek Cafe. I enjoyed some hummus, pita bread and a nice salad. The girls both enjoyed their pita sandwiches.Then, we headed back to the Scout House and the girls made some graham cracker gingerbread houses and exchanged some homemade gifts with each other. Violet made a nice little Christmas diorama for one of the older girls. It had a Christmas tree and a kitten in it. She came up with the idea herself and made it on her own.

How can these cute gingerbread houses not put you in the mood? The girls are all so creative and it's fun to see them enjoying themselves.


I've done more in this last weekend than I've done in a month. It's been great for the girls too. I've made a few playdates for them here, and it's been so great to have friends over. Thanks to all those that have come and visited, we've really enjoyed having you here!!! Still not sure when I'll be driving so we'd love to have more......


No comments: